14/01/2013

Work in Progress...

I'm very excited about the new piece I'm working on - not only I really like the concept (waa, can't wait to start working with the colors!) I also decided I'll use it as an experiment and practice, to push myself a bit more, art-wise.

During my first years using tablet, I realized I had shaky hands - not a problem in sketches, but when it came to the lineart, the result would always look sloppy, irregular and uh... ugly. So, I discovered pen tool, wich helped a lot! From using it for long time, I guess I can say I got the hang of it, at least to the point of creating decent smooth lines.

...But again, looking at my linearts, I now feel I could do better. And by researching from other artist's experiences, I noticed many artists I admire actually do lineart by hand - traditional or digitally. I've tried a bit before, but soon gave up - but not anymore!


So, I decided to do the lineart of this piece by hand. Painful as it might be! And now that I just started... I see the results are looking so much better than I expected! Maybe it's a result of the many sketches I've made trough time... anyway, I'm glad my tablet control really seem to have improved since the last time I "dared" to try doing lineart by hand. <3

This is a good example of how one should never be afraid to try and improve their art skills; you can surprise yourself with good results as time goes! ^_^


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário